A Virtual Christmas Carol Concert
2020 has been a challenging year for everyone which is why we have tried our best to provide our MfSF pupils with a variety of projects to get involved in. Creating music together, even when it is virtually, has such a positive impact - it's what we all love to do!
So for our Christmas project we are going even BIGGER! We are inviting pupils to join us again in creating a video full of Christmas Carols (a virtual version of the much-loved musical event of the festive season!). We can't wait to be able to spread some joy to our friends and family! Pupils, tutors and parents can take part by playing a solo, playing in an instrument specific ensemble and/or playing in a large group ensemble of 'We Wish You a Merry Christmas.'
If you would like to submit a video of your child doing a solo piece you can click on any of the songs below to download the sheet music for their instrument. There are no audio tracks to play along with so pupils can go at their own pace.
- Away in a Manger
- Frosty the Snowman
- Jingle Bell Rock
- Jingle Bells
- Little Drummer Boy
- O Christmas Tree
- Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
- Santa Claus is Coming to Town
- Walking in a Winter Wonderland
- We Wish You a Merry Christmas
If you would like to submit a video for an instrument specific ensemble, select your child's instrument group from the list below to download the sheet music and the accompanying audio track for your child to play along with.
- Good King Wenceslas - Clarinet Ensemble
- Hark! the Herald Angels Sing - Trumpet/Cornet Ensemble
- Joy to the World - Alto Saxophone Ensemble
- Silent Night - Flute Ensemble
If you would like your child to take part in our full ensemble, please click on the link below to download the sheet music for your child's instrument along with the accompanying audio track.
We Wish You a Merry Christmas Ensemble
When recording your child's video for the instrument specific ensemble and full ensemble, it is really important that your child plays along with their individual part (or full ensemble if you prefer) - this is to ensure that they keep in time with the music, so a multi-gadget approach is best – follow these instructions and you can’t go wrong:
- Download your child's part and get them to listen to the audio through earphones.
- Ask a member of your household to record your child playing their part along with the audio, this way they will keep in time with all of the parts.
- When recording your childs part, please ensure that the video is in landscape.
Your child can record as many videos as they like. Once you have recordings that you are happy with, please email them to us by Friday 11th December
– this is easily done via wesendit.com or any other suitable file-sharing platform. Please label the video with your childs name, song and part - for example; 'Emily Nicholson - Silent Night - Flute 3.'
We will then make a video featuring all of the submissions and share our Christmas Carol Concert with you on social media on Thursday 24th December (please note that by submitting your child’s video you are consenting to their video being published online).
*To get in the true Christmas spirit we are asking pupils, parents and tutors to dress up in something festive! A prize will be given to the best dressed pupil*