- Exam Entry Form
- Exam Venues
- Your Exam Questions
- Why do MfSF offer exams?
- Which exam board have we chosen?
- Which exams can my child take?
- How much does it cost to enter for an exam?
- When and where will the exam take place?
- What happens if my child cannot attend the examination?
- What does my child have to do?
- What happens on the day of the exam?
- What happens after the exam?
- How do I enter my child for the exam?
- Additional Information
Will there be a chance to rehearse before the exam?
Pre-examination run-throughs with the appointed pianist are provided for each pupil, and we cannot stress enough how important these rehearsals are.
As stated, opportunities to practice accompanied pieces at school can be limited, and for a pupil nervous enough about taking their exam, not having played with a piano or met their pianist before can only add to the stress of the day!
Run-throughs will take place outside of school hours and we will confirm the arrangements for this when we send your exam date to you.
Once you have your run-through date, you will be asked to call to confirm your place and choose a time-slot (allocated on a first-come first-served basis).
NB. If you have chosen to use your own pianist, you will need to make your own arrangements for a run-through.